Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TItus 2: Emergency Preparedness

Being prepared in a world that isn’t...

As women, wives, and mothers, we spend a lot of our time preparing. There's dinner, laundry, telling the kids not to talk to strangers, getting ready for church, getting ready for the storm, preparing for the baby, the graduation, the wedding.

A lot of us have prepared for eternity by accepting Christ as our Savior. Is there really more to get ready for?! Yes.

I am surrounded by Disney and Veggie Tales most of every day, so my exposure to the news and current events is limited at best. However, even I know there are things going on that will scare almost anyone.

My husband has been trying to get me and has finally won. Well, he already has me, but my desire to prepare my house and family for a reality that may be in our future. While trying to maintain a God-like perspective while still on earth, we have been working to save and stock our house for a worst of the worst case scenarios.

I will try to convey the urgency about this preparedness as we should have about telling others about the Gospel. As well as giving some ideas and how-to plans I will also have some recipes for you to take home, and a few items that may make your life easier now!

Tuesday, June 22nd, 6:30 pm, join Cristi Dehoff to learn more about preparing yourself, your home and your family for emergencies and worst case scenarios.

0 comments:

Post a Comment