Saturday, April 30 (10am-1pm)
Ladies! Save this date for a fun morning of money saving tips including…
- “Second Hand” Fashion Show
- Display “booths” with cost saving ideas
- Women’s Clothing Exchange
- “Fair Food” snacks
Frugal Fashion Show (extended deadline to 4/20!)
This will be a contest that showcases fashions worn by Grace Women from second-hand sources (garage sales, thrift and consignment stores). Don’t be shy: we know you’re out there! Casual, formal, workplace or maternity are all acceptable.
- No more than $25.00 may be spent on your entire ensemble (excluding shoes).
- Submit a picture of your ensemble by Wednesday April 20th, along with a brief description of items and costs.
- There will be a prize awarded based on audience vote and our amateur judges.
Swap and Shop at the WINGS Boutique
Bring your gently used (clean and ready to wear) adult women’s clothes to swap! If possible, bring them on hangers. Accessories, jewelry, shoes, purses and belts are also acceptable.
Collection will be Sunday, April 24th-Wednesday, April 27th. We are gathering items in advance so our “shopping area” will be attractive and well-organized. Items may be left at church on/near the coat rack across from the kitchen. Please sign in and indicated number of donated items.
Tickets for items: On Saturday, a ticket will be handed out for each clothing item, pair of shoes or accessory you brought. Each person attending the clothing swap will also get 5 free tickets. Additional tickets will be available for $0.50 each with donations going to Wheeler Mission.
Contact: Libby Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org; Cami Wright, email@example.com
NOTE: Any item in the Boutique not selected will be donated to Wheeler’s Thrift Store OR you may take yours home at the end of the Fair on Saturday.
Our in-house experts will share money saving tips for your household. Topics include:
- Baby Bargains & Websites for Moms
- Baking and Cooking with Beans
- Financial Peace University
- Frugal Fitness - Effective Exercise at Home
- Gardening - Maintaining a Vegetable Garden
- Homemade Household Cleaning Products
- How To’s for shopping Thrift Stores
- Menu Planning Tips
- Using Soap Nuts (all natural soap substitute)
10:15am Fashion Show
10:30-1 pm View Booths and shop at WINGS Boutique
11:30 Fashion Show Results/Devotion
Fair Food will be available throughout the morning!
At 1pm, anyone interested may carpool to Wheeler’s Thrift Store for a group shopping event.